Monday, August 13, 2018

School routine, home routine Autism

It's Monday and for this day I'm writing the blog while my other computer restarts so I can work on the magazine. I've kind of been putting it off for about a week or two. I need to get at least 5 projects written out and 5 crafts actually done. October gives me more of a crafting opportunity so I'm going to be working on two magazines for this week.

Doodle has fallen into school routine with no issues. Considering she was on a wonkie sleep schedule for 3 weeks before school started. And she's taken to getting up at 6:15 every morning with no issues. Though she is still waking up to giggle at 4 or 5 am. That's not cool! But I really don't have to do prompts to get her out the door. She did not want to go back to school this year.

The good news is the school is going to be using EDMARK to teach reading this year and all the teachers are learning how to use the program. I'm really happy with this decision, this is the program that Doodles' teachers used when she was 6-8. This is how she learned to read, write and do math. So I'm happy she is back on track to accomplishing her goals of speech and reading. In a way I kind of wish the kids had homework. But it's okay because there are times that I can't do homework with her depending on my schedule with Michaels craft store. I don't work every single night as an instructor but there are days when I barely have time to get her fed and me get out the door to be on time for work.

And Doodle does want a fish. I do not want a fish. In all honesty this fish is coming to our house to die. I won't lie. The gerbil was complaining because he was out of water yesterday. And the gerbil is one of her responsibilities. I did buy her a little fish bowl at the thrift store. I have a new type of class that I'm going to be teaching on Thursday that lots of people have been begging me to teach for over a month. The only problem is I don't have denim jackets. The hottest rage is painting scenes on jackets and pants pockets. I do have some lesson plans I can use for this. And it's gonna be a paid class so no big deal. Any who, she will need to clean that fish bowl and get the bowl ready for for her fish. She will be getting a few things on Friday and on Monday I will purchase her fish. I'm not trying to go broke, but children on the spectrum need to learn responsibility. Wish she would take up to going back on the responsibility of the gerbil. But it is what it is.

So there you have it in a nut shell. I'm currently waiting on the vinyl shop to open, typing up this blog and cleaning up the adobe computer. Being back on school schedule is going great. A large shout out to the bus driver for actually picking up every single day at 6:30 am. Not a time I am able to function. Last year I was rolling out of bed at 6:30 am. And now I wake Doodle up at 6:15 to get her dressed, teeth brushed, hair brushed and out the door with her snack box and book bag before the 6:30 alarm lets us know that it's time for the bus.

See you guys on the flip side.


No comments:

Post a Comment