Friday, February 12, 2016

DIY diffuser necklace Autism

I shop at the health food store a lot and of course I follow a lot of essential oil pages. One thing I would like to try for Doodle would be a diffuser necklace. One thing I've never been a fan of is the prices that others are selling them for. 

So why not just make your own? It's simple and the supplies can be found at Michaels craft store in the jewelry section. You can find lockets in the jewelry section that you can place a piece of felt in. The felt will hold your essential oil on.

And yes I know a lot of the pictures are really dark because of my background. At least I got the last picture right.



The supplies you will need:

Locket with open holes in the front
Felt
E6000
Scissors
Jump ring
Chalk
Necklace chain



Remove your locket from packaging and add your jump ring to the top hole of your locket.

Next add your necklace chain of choice. I chose this one because it's harder for Doodle to take off.


Take your felt of choice. You can tell a crafter by the supplies that they have.

Cut a square about the size of your locket.

Chalk a circle that will go into your locket.


And make sure if your locket closes with a magnet, you make room for that so the locket can close.


Here you can see the locket closes correctly

Now it's time for glue.

Glue your felt to the bottom of the inside locket using E6000 glue.


Once your glue has dried, I allowed a 24 hour cure process, your ready for your oil. I use Frankincense the most on Doodle to help her focus. It's the oil that actually keeps her calm as well.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment